CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving came early!


Hi, my name is Salem. Thanksgiving came early for me. I just finished up eating, quality food and canned pumpkin. YUM! So this is my story...


I was in a shelter for a little while, but one day I heard someone walk to my run and say, "H-15 Black and White Pointer going to IL Bird Dog Rescue." That was me! After about 2 hours I got out of a van an IBR volunteer took me in her car to her house.


I'm about 4 months old. I am full of energy. There are other dogs for me to play with here and I love it! Its so much fun. At first I wasn't so sure about the Weim, he is 75-80lbs, but we play all the time now. I'm smaller though, right now I'm about25 lbs, but I'm going to get bigger, probably close to 45lbs.


I have been kid tested with kids over 10 yrs old. My puppy teeth are gone. I've only had two accidents in the house, but I love to be outside. BUT I MUST LIVE INDOORS!! As must ALL IBR dogs.I am not gun shy, my foster dad tested me, I didn't even know he did it. But my foster mom and dad are going to be VERY VERY picky if a hunting family is going to adopt me. No Good Ol' Boys for me!* THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE!!!!


I a want a home to call my own. I have a lot of love and kisses to give. I'd like a family to love me, maybe a fur sister or brother and good quality food. Check out the other IBR dogs, we all need homes. The more dogs that get adopted the more can come into the rescue.


Pointer Kisses,


Salem


*Good Ol' Boys need NOT apply. Foster dad does hunt and will discuss in great detail any and ALL hunting methods you plan on using. ALL must be positive training. I have been spayed, IBR does not follow the ignorance that hunting dogs must be in tact. Also IBR does not believe hunting dogs should live in outdoor kennels so their noses work better. Does yours work better in the cold outdoors? How would a choke collar or pinch collar feel aroundyour neck? Think about that before putting one on any dog. Try it on yourself first! All dogs are to be pets first and possibly hunting dogs second. So if you feel a dog is just a hunting accessory to be tossed aside if it does not work, forced to live outside, and treated harshly please to not apply for an IBR dog or any dog, buy a goldfish instead!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Message from Daisy in Las Vegas, NV Salem, I'm talking mom & dad into getting you! You and I look like twins!! Tell your foster mommy to read her e-mail, mom sent in an application today! :-) Pointer kisses from Las Vegas!!!