CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Dear Lisa


Dear Lisa,


This is Salem Blue-Who. Today I was in my crate "singing" in protest. I did not want to be in there. So once again my foster mom said, "Salem instead of singing, write a letter to Lisa. Tell her how rough you have it."


So that is just want I am doing. Life is rough as an IBR foster dog. I've heard my foster mom talking to other foster moms and dads, sound like there fosters have it just as rough! Here are some complaints.


I still only get fed twice a day, well, it is high quality dog food.


Many of us got Christmas presents too! Wait, that's a good thing! I heard my friend Blitzen and Cambridge were part of a Secret Santa Exchange! They got toys in the mail!!


She still cuts my nails, or calls it a pedicure. Although I must admit my nails look lovely after she is done. My friend Ariel has to endure this too!


She won't let me go out in the rain and play. But she does wipe me down when I come in. I heard other foster moms and dads do the same!


She still turns off the fire place at night when its time for bed. But I do have a bunch of comfy blankets in my crate. I heard some foster dogs even get to sleep in bed with their foster moms and dads and have furniture privileges.


She made me go to the doctor. TWICE! I did get tons of kisses and treats at the dr. office though.


Today for a snack all I got was a whole apple and some carrots. I heard other dogs in the rescue get yummy treats too! She said Bronson and Pooh get raw food! Oh, and my friend Sawyer's foster mom went out in the rain to get some hot dogs for him because he was afraid!


I have to share a house with four other dogs! Can you imagine! But, well, we do have a lot of fun and play a lot! I was told one foster mom opened her house to 12 puppies!! Now other foster homes and helped with the puppies too! And one has been adopted already.


Oh, and there is the issues of this picture thing. She likes taking pictures of me! But she does tell me I'm cute. Oh, and did you see all the picture Jack's mom takes! He is handsome!


I did hear once an IBR dogs, always an IBR dog. Anyone of us can come back. I heard of two, Shyla and Daniel Boone! Both were lucky enough to get into foster care together! And I heard Tink is back and getting trips to the dog park. I heard Brandi's foster dad is happy to have her too!


Some foster dogs, Nick, Serafina, Rosie, Summer, Joe Cool and Annie have been waiting a long time for their furever home. But their foster moms and dads are letting them stay as long as they want. Wait, this foster thing may not be so bad.


My foster mom also said IBR takes in sick dogs too! Good thing I'm healthy, but I heard Bogie had some allergies and IBR is helping with them and Elton needs surgery. What??? You mean they wouldn't get this care at a shelter?


Hold on, let me re-think this. Maybe being an IBR foster dog isn't so bad. Good food, warm houses, fur friends to welcome us so we are not afraid, vetting, love, and lots of fun!? And we are part of a family forever, trips to dog parks, yearly picnics, agility, and hunting events, and field trials. OK, I've changed my mind. This foster thing isn't so bad! *


Quietly going into my crate now,


Salem Blue-Who


Foster homes are always needed. If you'd like to join the IBR family please fill out an on-line foster home application. IBR understands many people can't foster, but we always need help with transports, pulling dogs out of shelters, and helping with various other events.



0 comments: